Wed 2020-04-08 19:02:33 UTC, Anita Rojas:

> Now I have trouble calling GAP. I used to do
>
>     sage: libgap.eval('LoadPackage("kbmag")')
>
> but now I got
>
>     fail

The following says the `kbmag` GAP package cannot be loaded.

    sage: libgap.eval('LoadPackage("kbmag")')
    fail

It fails to load because it is not installed in Sage's GAP.

Thankfully, installing packages has become a pleasant task
thanks to Michael Torpey's `PackageManager` GAP package.

Load the `PackageManager` GAP package, whose job
is to help you install further packages:

    sage: libgap.eval('LoadPackage("PackageManager")')
    true

and let it install `kbmag` with this command:

    sage: libgap.eval('InstallPackage("kbmag")')
    true

Now loading `kbmag` works:

    sage: libgap.eval('LoadPackage("kbmag")')
    true

The `kbmag` package is now loaded, ready to
try and make rewriting systems confluent.

Further reading:

- kbmag GAP package
  Knuth-Bendix on Monoids and Automatic Groups
  by Derek Holt
  home: https://gap-packages.github.io/kbmag/
  repo: https://github.com/gap-packages/kbmag
  docs: https://gap-packages.github.io/kbmag/doc/chap0.html

- PackageManager GAP package --- GAP Package Manager
  Easily download and install GAP packages
  by Michael Torpey
  home: https://gap-packages.github.io/PackageManager/
  repo: https://github.com/gap-packages/PackageManager
  docs: https://gap-packages.github.io/PackageManager/doc/chap0.html