Thanks.  And I can reproduce this.  I see the error shown below in the
Firefox Console.  (I include it
here in case anyone might recognize it).

- Marc

Could not open comm  --  Error: Class jupyter.widget not found in registry
  utils.js:930
    load_class                                           utils.js:894
    load_class                                           utils.js:879
    comm_open                                        comm.js:84
    i                                                          jQuery
    _handle_iopub_message                    kernel.js:1238
    _finish_ws_message                           kernel.js:1017
    _msg_queue                                        kernel.js:1008
    promise callback*Kernel.prototype._handle_ws_message kernel.js:1008
    i                                        jQuery
    reject                                utils.js:930
    (Async: promise callback)
    comm_open                    comm.js:85