I don’t see archlinux in the Microsoft store.

Fernando

On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 10:05 AM Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022, 14:37 G. M.-S., <lists....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Thanks, Samuel.
>>
>> I think it is a pity there is nothing more straightforward…
>>
>> But you will tell me (to look for somebody) to do it.
>>

> some Linux distributions have pretty much up to date Sage binary packages.
>
> E.g. archlinux has Sage 9.5. Thus, having it installed as WSL2 (cf
> https://gist.github.com/ld100/3376435a4bb62ca0906b0cff9de4f94b)   should
> be getting you Sage 9.5 quite quickly.
>

>> Guillermo
>>
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 at 15:28, slelievre <samuel.lelie...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The Cygwin-based Sage-Windows installer has not been released
>>> for SageMath 9.4 or SageMath 9.5 yet.
>>>
>>> To get the latest version of Sage running on Windows, one option
>>> is to activate Windows Subsystem for Linux (also known as WSL),
>>> select WSL2, and install any Linux distribution there, then follow
>>> the Linux installation guide.

>> email to sage-support+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/CANnG188whX6fJTbj1qdPvB-rdeNVm3H_mNmpC3mohE%2B7tM9rMw%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/CANnG188whX6fJTbj1qdPvB-rdeNVm3H_mNmpC3mohE%2B7tM9rMw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/CAAWYfq00MjiCDk9Dd8WHDc55%2Bc%3D84PFQLEmyN8VwaD2TiiEVcg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/CAAWYfq00MjiCDk9Dd8WHDc55%2Bc%3D84PFQLEmyN8VwaD2TiiEVcg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Fernando Q. Gouvea
Dept of Mathematics and Statistics
http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea
Colby College
Mayflower Hill 5836
Waterville, ME 04901

A training in mathematics is a prerequisite today for work in almost
any scientific field, but even for those who are not going to become
scientists, it is essential because, if it is only through speech that
we can understand what freedom means, only through mathematics
can we understand what necessity means.
  -- W. H. Auden