Defending the Country

An old lady really wanted to visit England, the home of her ancestors, before
she died. So she went to the Federal Office and asked for a passport.

"You must take the loyalty oath first," the passport clerk said. "Raise your
right hand, please."

The old lady raised her right hand.

"Do you swear to defend the Constitution of the  United States against all its
enemies, domestic or foreign?"

The sweet old face paled and the voice trembled as she responded, "Well, I
guess so, but. . .will I have help, or will I have to do it all by myself?"

The Bride Wears White

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother,
"Why is the bride
dressed in white?"

"Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her
life."

The child thought about this for a moment, then said, "So why is the groom
wearing black?"