Mrs. Vijayakumari describes A DIVINE MIRACLE :

One day, when we were all walking towards the Chitravathi, Swami suddenly
disappeared. Even as we were searching for Him, we heard the sound of a clap;
looking up, we saw Swami alerting us, "I am on top of the hill!" It was six in
the evening. The Sun had softened its beams and was sinking towards the west.
The sky was filled with black clouds, as if it was wrapped in a dark blanket.

Swami said, "Look at Me. I shall show you the Sun!" Even as we were wondering
how the Sun that had already set come back again, we saw new rays rising behind
Swami's head. The whole sky was now filled with blue clouds and the rays turned
red! And redder and redder they became, till they looked fiery; they exuded so
much heat that it made us all sweat profusely. These rays were as hot as those
from the scorching midday Sun. Unable to bear the heat, we loudly appealed,
"Swami, it is too hot!" The heat then subsided. "Oh gosh!" we exclaimed, and
were settling down, when Swami's voice again came down to us from the top of
the hill, "I shall now show you the Moon." We saw behind Swami's head, the
half- unfolded honey-coloured rays of the Moon... Soo n they turned white, and
became whiter and whiter still. We now began to shiver in the cold; our bodies
became stiff and our teeth began to chatter. "Swami! It is very cold!" And as
we were imploring Him, the cold began to slowly subside.

We now began to wonder what miracle He would perform next, when He announced:
"I shall show you the Third Eye. Watch attentively." "Third Eye?! How does it
look?" we wondered. Swami's body was not visible but His head appeared
gigantic, as if stretched across the entire sky. Bewildered and stupefied, we
stared at the sky. An orifice appeared on Swami's forehead between His two
eyebrows; and fiery sparks issued from that opening. We were dazzled by the
brilliance of those sparks. We were also scared. More than being afraid about
ourselves, we were worried about what might happen to Swami.

The sparks continued to gush out. Meanwhile, many had fallen down unconscious,
and we did not know why these people had fainted. That made us even more
scared. Feeling lost and not knowing what to do, we began to cry. Suddenly,
Swami was in our midst. "What happened?" He asked, patting us gently on the
shoulder. "Why are you crying? Why have all these people fainted?" Not knowing
what answers to give, we just hugged Him and continued to weep! As a few of
those who had fainted recovered and got up, we mustered a little strength and
asked Him, "Swami, are You alright? How come we did not see You there?" Even as
we asked all these questions, we patted His face to assure ourselves that He
was really with us. Swami laughed heartily and assured us that He was indeed
alright. With a wave of His hand He materialised vibhuti and applied it on our
foreheads. One by one, those who had fainted began to revive. It was a strange
experience.

We felt as if we were floating on air. It was a peculiar state of mind. We all
went back to the Mandir and sat down for Bhajans. But we could not sing
properly because we all felt dizzy. We were in that state that whole evening.
Next day when we found ourselves to be in the same state, we asked Swami about
it. With a smile He said, "You have been praying for a glimpse of this Third
Eye during many past lives. In response to your prayers, I gave you a Darshan
of it. However, I did not show you even a thousandth part of its brilliance.You
could not have withstood that. You could not even bear what you saw! Your
present state is the result of that spectacle!" He again created vibhuti and
smeared it on each of our foreheads. We gained a semblance of normalcy
thereafter.

Om Sai Ram