Story behind the photo – 136 - The growing garland!
.
In the year 2002, I was blessed by Bhagavan, to travel to Canada, when I
visited U.S.A. The early snow fall that year, was a surprise for me. During the
stay of about a week, I was invited to few Sai canters to speak in  sathsangh
meetings. But I always cherish my experience of joy when I visited Sathya Sai
School of Canada, Toranto,  which was established two years earlier.
Principal Mr. Pillay was kind enough to take me around the school.  I stepped
into each and every one of the classes. In one class the students requested me
to give a spiritual message. In an another class, the children sang a nice
devotional song in chorus, which I liked so much.
When the Sathya Sai School of Canada was inaugurated in September 2000, a
beautiful full-length picture of Bhagavan  Sri Sathya Sai Baba was installed in
the foyer of the school. I was escorted to the foyer where the Divine Photo had
been installed. I saw a very long garland with dried flowers hanging down. Yes,
very very long,  almost to the bottom to touch the floor. Mr. Pillai narrated a
detailed story of Divine phenomenon which I was seeing there.
A year after the inauguration of the school, the miracle of the growing garland
was witnessed. Students, staff, volunteers, parents and visitors to the school
view this miracle as yet another reminder of the overwhelming and awesome love
of Baba and gather around His picture to experience inner peace and connection
with Him.
During the celebrations in the first year, a lovely garland of fresh flowers
was placed on the picture of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. Shortly after, the students
presented a special program and offered a cake to their beloved Baba on His 75
th birthday. Some kindergarteners, however, felt let down because they were
expecting Swami to join the party in person and cut the cake. A little while
later, the garland of fresh flowers that had been placed on the picture seemed
to have descended and covered the large birthday card the students had made and
which the Grade 1 teacher Miss Poddar had placed on the table beneath the
picture. She immediately drew the attention of Principal Mr. Pillay who in turn
advised caution. Mr. Pillay then measured the garland and waited an hour to
watch for any new developments. Lo and behold, the garland grew and grew till
it was 75 inches longer! It also happened to be Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s 75 th
birthday then.
Since that time, the garland has grown considerably longer, sometimes more than
double its original length, on more than two dozen occasions. During special
assemblies to mark Human Values Day, Founder’s Day and during special prayer
services by the Sri Sathya Sai Education Trust of Canada, the garland had been
growing to remind the school community of Baba’s sacred presence amidst them,
leaving everyone in awe of His mystery.
With Love & Regards, Mumbai Srinivasan

 With Love & Regards,
"Mumbai" Srinivasan
Please see these links to view  the video of  Souljourn interviewing me.
Part - 1
https://vimeo.com/52872439

Part - 2
http://www.youtube.com/?v=tbhHp4fkZYAwatch