2nd July-Saligao News.

---Konkani Plaque of “Amchea Bapa in Jerusalem”. A  friend of mine who is working in Israel phoned this afternoon (  my phone that was out of order for almost 4 days has been restored due to kind help from Mr. Daniel D’Sousa) and  conveyed me the news that he saw a plaque with’ Amchea Bapa’ written in Roman Konkani in a Jerusalem Church and said it was  a very happy and nostalgic moment in his life. However he was ignorant of the person who placed it there and may be some Saligaonetters also may not know anyting about this slab.

The Lord’s Prayer, “Amchea Bapa”, in Roman Script inscribed on a ceramic plaque was an endeavour undertaken by Mrs. Marie Dantas along with her husband Mr.Victor Dantas from Saligao but residing in Croydon, London. After two years of correspondence, consultation and fund raising, the plaque was finally placed on 30th June,2000,in the Pater Noster Church.---the Church of Nations at Jerusalem. This Church is erected at the spot where Christ is said to have taught the “ Our Father” prayer to his Apostles. The Church had set aside space along the garden wall for interested Communities to have the Our Father inscribed on a ceramic plaque(slab) in their own language. At the time of Dantas’ visit to Jerusalem , 98 plaques had been put up by various communities in 72 languages. One was found to be in Mangalore Konkani, using the Kanada script. On May 7th, 1995 Mr Victor & Marie Dantas and their children had celebrated the Mae de Deus feast at Saligao.

-Rachol Seminary Students are doing their Home Regency at late Professora Filomena de Souza( Bekeriger) house, near St. Anne’s Chapel, Saligao. The following 7 Brothers are staying there and attending St. Xavier’s College, Mapusa as well as doing the week-end Ministries in various parishes in Goa. They are:

1.Bro. Joao Francisco Coelho from Arambol.

2.Bro. Avinash Fernandes from Paroda.

3. Bro. Macson Fernandes from Ambelim( Assolna).

4. Bro. Michael Fernandes from Benaulim.

5. Bro. Casmiro Salvador Mendes from Penha de Franca.

6. Bro. Mathew Rebelo from Navelim. and

7.Bro. Alban Vales from Paroda.

Seminarians Peter Royston D’Souza from Mudd’davaddi and Judas Fernandes from Cotula are both students of Minor Seminary of Saligao and both are in Std IX.

 Bro Leslie Rego from Mollebhatt is currently doing the 3rd Year of theology at Major Seminary at  Rachol . These two Institutions are Diocesan Seminaries of the Archdiocese of Goa & Daman.

Fr. Nascimento Mascarenhas