31 st July,Saligao News:

--Tie- breaker at Saligao. Friends Circle, Saligao will organize an all Goa 3 - a-side soccer tie-breaker tournament, on August 1, near St. Ann’s Chapel, Saligao, at 2.30. p.m.

The winners and runners-up will receive Rs. 5000 and Rs. 3000 respectively. Spot entries will be accepted.9 Coutersy-Herald)

--Colourful photos entitiled the Good, Bad , Ugly of motor-car( jeeps)race, by Mr. Francis Ribeiro, Saligao & Vincent Braganca are printed on the front page of Herald, SportsWatch A nice collection indeed though the race at Sheldem came to a standstill as the steep climb was rendered unmotorable due to heavy rains. This entire leg leading to the regrouping was canceled.

---The Rev. Vicar of Saligao, Fr. Francisco Ataide was taken to JMJ Hospital-Alto Porvorim with angina pectoris three days back. However he is been brought back to the church this morning and is better. I had a telephonic talk with him some time back and is normal old-self.. Let us prayer for our pastor.

Fr. Nascimento Mascarenhas