To,
The Governor, citizens and netizens of Goa worldwide.

Your Excellency and my dear concerned citizens,

I am back at home...

This is just a short note to thank each of you for the timely
intervention, support and solidarity when my wife Muriel and our
8 year old son, was threatened by Arjun Harmalkar, the builder
who continues to destroy with his construction work, the fragile
ecology of the Conservation Zone at Saligao's, world famous
Salmona Spring.

A group of Saligaokars from the Salmona Pariyavaran Manch and the
Saligao Civic and Consumer Cell accompanied Muriel to the local
police station when she went to register her complaint.  The
Police Inspector in charge of Calangute Police Station promised
immediate action.  Others phoned or emailed the concerned
authorities.  Local villagers offered to spend the night at our
house.  One expat netizen even volunteered to pay for a personal
body guard if needed.

Our whole family is very touched and deeply appreciates all these
gestures of solidarity.  It is only with such solidarity and
unity that we the local citizens can continue to fight the
forces that wittingly or unwittingly are destroying Goa at so
many different levels.

We are heartened by the fact that your Excellency and certain
sections of the bureaucracy and the Police force, are sensitive
to the needs, fears, hopes and aspirations of local citizens and
the future of Goa.

To each of you in Goa and around the globe, many thanks once
again from my whole family, for the protection and support
afforded them when I was away from home.  And of
course...immense gratitude from me.

Solidarity.

Mario Mascarenhas.

More information at: http://salmonafountain.swiki.net