Did you configure this check to use the dial-up connection to reach the
system?
 


Dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of gene Martinez
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 3:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] checking newsgroups servers

I have Salive (laterst version beta) running on my home network. I connect
to the internet with cable. I also have an old dial-up account that I use
for different newsgroups. I wanted to set Salive to check the newsgroup
server (as it was down all day). I have Salive set to ping the server and
this worked even though you could not get to the server (timed out). I
added an NNTP check but it fails. I checked the log and get the following. 
(connection possible but received data not correct) I'm doing the check
from my cable connection, because the box that's running Salive does not
have dial-up access. Is this what's wrong (not dialing into that account)
to do the check??

Thanks..
Regards,

Gene    
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                http://www.eclipse.net/~njkat



-------------------------

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

To unsubscribe from a list, send a mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
With the following in the body of the message:
   unsubscribe SAlive






-------------------------

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

To unsubscribe from a list, send a mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
With the following in the body of the message:
   unsubscribe SAlive

Reply via email to