We’re at just the beginning of the beginning of the digital world for humanity,
says Kevin Kelly.  But some deep trends have already emerged that can reliably
be conjured with and braced for.  Kelly calls them inevitable.

The internet was inevitable, he says, but Wikipedia was not.  Smart phones were
inevitable, the iPhone not.  The twelve deepest trends he lables: Becoming;
Cognifying; Flowing; Screening; Accessing; Sharing; Filtering; Remixing;
Interacting; Tracking; Questioning; and Beginning.

Kevin Kelly is the author of Out of Control, New Rules for the New Economy,
Cool Tools, What Technology Wants, and now, The Inevitable: Understanding the
12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future.  He is one of the founding
board members of The Long Now Foundation.

[NOTE: Different venue this time!  We’re back in the renovated and great Herbst
Theater on Van Ness, just a couple blocks from our usual SFJazz.]

"The Next 30 Digital Years," Kevin Kelly, the Herbst Theater, Civic Center, San
Francisco, 7pm, Thursday July 14.  The show starts promptly at 7:30pm.

To be sure of a seat:
• Long Now Members <https://longnow.org/membership/> can use the discount code
on the Kelly Seminar page to reserve 2 free seats
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02016/jul/14/next-30-digital-years/>.
• You can purchase tickets for $15 each
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02016/jul/14/next-30-digital-years/>.
• Seminar at the Herbst Theater <http://sfwmpac.org/directions-parking> 401 Van
Ness Avenue, San Francisco CA 94102
• Tune into the live audio stream <http://longnow.org/live/> for Long Now
Members at 7:30 PT - become a member <https://longnow.org/membership/> for just
$8 a month.
Share this talk: Kevin Kelly, "The Next 30 Digital Years" Long Now talk on 7/14
http://goo.gl/8R6MDw <http://goo.gl/8R6MDw>

Talks coming up:
Aug. 9 (Tue.) - Seth Lloyd, Quantum Computer Reality
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02016/aug/09/quantum-computer-reality/>
Sept. 20 (Tue.) - Jonathan Rose, The Well-tempered City
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02016/sep/20/well-tempered-city/>
Nov. 1 (Mon.) - Douglas Coupland, The Extreme Present
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02016/nov/01/extreme-present/>

High-quality videos of the talks and other benefits (such as priority tickets)
are available to Long Now members.  Membership, which starts at $8/month
($96/year), helps support the series and other Long Now projects. Joinable here
<https://longnow.org/membership/>.

This is one of a monthly series of Seminars About Long-term Thinking (SALT)
organized by The Long Now Foundation. Free audio and my summaries of all
previous talks are available for download here <http://longnow.org/seminars/>
(or stay up to date with the podcast here
<http://longnow.org/seminars/podcast/>). You'll find a range of long-term
thinking items on our Blog <http://blog.longnow.org/> (RSS
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/longnow>).  If you would like to be notified by
email (like this one) of forthcoming talks, go here
<http://list.longnow.org/mailman/listinfo/salt> to sign up online. Any
questions, contact Danielle Engelman at Long Now -- 415-561-6582 x1
<tel:415-561-6582%20x1> or danie...@longnow.org <mailto:danie...@longnow.org>.

You are welcome to forward this note to anyone you think might be interested.

 --Stewart Brand  s...@longnow.org <mailto:s...@longnow.org>

--
The Long Now Foundation -- http://longnow.org/ <http://longnow.org/>
Seminars & downloads -- http://longnow.org/seminars/