Dear Long Now & SALT Supporters,

Join us for dinner, drinks and talks while connecting with other members -  all
included in your ticket.

02016 marks The Long Now Foundation's 20th year, and we are holding our
first-ever Long Now Member Summit
<https://longnow.org/events/02016/oct/04/long-now-member-summit/#tickets> to
showcase and connect with our amazing community on Tuesday, October 4, 02016,
from noon to 11:30pm, at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco.

David Eagleman will be giving the keynote talk on "The Brain and The Now" and
will be joined onstage after his talk by Stewart Brand and Danny Hillis for
further discussion and Q&A.

By popular request we are adding an Evening Ticket option for our upcoming
Member Summit; the Evening Ticket
<https://longnow.org/events/02016/oct/04/long-now-member-summit/#tickets>
includes a Food Truck dinner, the keynote and a complementary Interval cocktail
at our Summit party!

Purchase your tickets
<https://longnow.org/events/02016/oct/04/long-now-member-summit/#tickets> and
join us for this Summit
to connect with the people and ideas that make Long Now

The Clock Team is also making special arrangements to have some actual
components from the Clock of the Long Now on display for the event.

Fast facts about the Member Summit:
Long Now Board member David Eagleman will give a special keynote presentation
called “The Brain and The Now”
Afterwards David will be joined by Stewart Brand and Danny Hillis for a special
Q&A
There will be project updates onstage about Long Now projects (including the
Clock)
Through special arrangement with the Clock Team, we will be displaying some
actual components of the 10,000 Year Clock that is being built in Texas
The event will include Ignite talks by members and an unconference
We will be simulcasting the Ignite talks, Long Now project updates and the
evening keynote
The Patron ticket level includes dinner at Greens with members of the Long Now
Board
We are taking over a large part of Fort Mason Center including The Cowell
Theater and several outdoor areas
We’ll have food trucks and Interval cocktails (all tickets include a drink and
a meal)
In order to purchase tickets you must be a Long Now member--membership sign up
links are on the ticket page (membership starts at $8 a month)

Shareable posts are on Medium
<https://medium.com/the-long-now-foundation/long-now-member-summit-02016-a53440cfbc06#.fi0y2fhst>,
 our Facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/longnow/posts> and @longnow
<https://twitter.com/longnow/>. Our Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1210030875715612/> and #LongNow20 are great
ways to follow the news around the Member Summit.

We are hoping that many of you can join us in person and online for the Member
Summit. Please email members...@longnow.org <mailto:members...@longnow.org> if
you have any questions.

                                                                —Alexander Rose
    LONG NOW <http://longnow.org/people/staff/zander/>