Nicky Case’s presentations are as ingenious, compelling, and graphically rich
as the visualizing tools and games he creates for understanding complex dynamic
systems.

Case writes: “We need to see the non-linear feedback loops between culture,
economics, and technology.  We need to see how collective behavior emerges from
individual minds and motives.  We need new tools, theories, and visualizations
to help people talk across disciplines.”

Case is the creator of: Parable of the Polygons (02014); Coming Out Simulator
(02014); We Become What We Behold (02016); To Build A Better Ballot (02016);
and LOOPY (02017).

"Seeing Whole Systems," Nicky Case, SFJAZZ Center, Hayes Valley, San Francisco,
7pm, Monday, August 7.  The show starts promptly at 7:30pm.

To be sure of a seat:
• Long Now Members <https://longnow.org/membership/> can use the discount code
on the Case Seminar page to reserve 2 free seats
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02017/aug/07/seeing-whole-systems/>.
• You can purchase tickets for $15 each
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02017/aug/07/seeing-whole-systems/>.
• Seminar at SFJAZZ Center <http://www.sfjazz.org/visit/directions> 201
Franklin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
• Tune into the live stream <http://longnow.org/live/> for Long Now Members at
7:30 PT - become a member <https://longnow.org/membership/> for just $8 a month.
Share this talk: Nicky Case, "Seeing Whole Systems" Long Now talk on 8/7
https://goo.gl/JsgHTD <https://goo.gl/JsgHTD>

Talks coming up:
Sept 6 (Wed.) - David Grinspoon, Earth in Human Hands
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02017/sep/06/earth-human-hands/>
Oct 30 (Mon.) - Renee Wegrzyn, Engineering Gene Safety
Nov 20 (Mon.) - Elena Bennett, Seeds of a Good Anthropocene
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02017/nov/20/seeds-good-anthropocene/>
Dec 12 & 13 (Tue. & Wed.) - Rick Prelinger, Lost Landscapes of San Francisco, 12

High-quality videos of the talks and other benefits (such as priority tickets)
are available to Long Now members.  Membership, which starts at $8/month
($96/year), helps support the series and other Long Now projects. Joinable here
<https://longnow.org/membership/>.

This is one of a monthly series of Seminars About Long-term Thinking (SALT)
organized by The Long Now Foundation. Free audio and my summaries of all
previous talks are available for download here <http://longnow.org/seminars/>
(or stay up to date with the podcast here
<http://longnow.org/seminars/podcast/>). You'll find a range of long-term
thinking items on our Blog <http://blog.longnow.org/> (RSS
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/longnow>).  If you would like to be notified by
email (like this one) of forthcoming talks, go here
<http://list.longnow.org/mailman/listinfo/salt> to sign up online. Any
questions, contact Danielle Engelman at Long Now -- 415-561-6582 x1
<tel:415-561-6582%20x1> or danie...@longnow.org <mailto:danie...@longnow.org>.

 --Stewart Brand  s...@longnow.org <mailto:s...@longnow.org>

--
The Long Now Foundation -- http://longnow.org/ <http://longnow.org/>