"Stunning,” “Ravishing, “Sobering”…  the usual positive-film-review adjectives
have been deployed about “Anthropocene: The Human Epoch,” but the movie is even
better and more important than that.  Its combination of intimate detail and
massive scale—within the same imagery—conveys viscerally the full scope of
human activity as a planetary force.

The Long Now Foundation has been involved with this project from its start four
years ago, and so we are proud to be part of its launch.  Following the
premiere showing at the Castro on September 29, I’ll be on the stage for Q & A
with the filmmakers--- Jennifer Baichwal, Nicholas de Pencier, and our old
friend Edward Burtynsky.

"Anthropocene: The Human Epoch
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02019/sep/29/anthropocene-human-epoch/>" screening
with filmmakers Jennifer Baichwal, Nicholas de Pencier, and Edward Burtynsky at
The Castro Theater, San Francisco, 1:30pm, Sunday, September 29.  Doors at
12:45pm and the show starts promptly at 1:30pm.

To be sure of a seat:
• Long Now Members <https://longnow.org/membership/> can use the discount code
on the Seminar page to reserve 2 free seats
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02019/sep/29/anthropocene-human-epoch/>.
• You can purchase tickets for $25 each
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02019/sep/29/anthropocene-human-epoch/>.
• The venue is The Castro Theater
<http://www.castrotheatre.com/directions.html>, 429 Castro Street, San
Francisco, CA 94114
• No live stream for this event - become a member
<https://longnow.org/membership/> starting from $8 a month.
Share this talk: Edward Burtynsky, "Anthropocene: The Human Epoch" Long Now
talk on 9/29 https://bit.ly/2lJorXa <https://bit.ly/2lJorXa>

Watermark <https://www.edwardburtynsky.com/projects/films/watermark> and
Manufactured Landscapes
<https://www.edwardburtynsky.com/projects/films/manufactured-landscapes>, the
other 2 films in this Anthropocene trilogy, will show the same day at 5:30pm
and 9:00pm at the Castro Theater, with separate tickets required for each
screening.  Tickets to see the 2 additional films need to be purchased in
person at the theater box office (open from noon to 9:30pm) on the day of the
event.

The next SALT talks are:
October 14 - Suhanya Raffel, World Art Through The Asian Perspective
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02019/oct/14/world-art-through-asian-perspective/>
November 18 - Andrew McAfee, More From Less
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02019/nov/18/more-from-less/>

This event is one of a monthly series of Seminars About Long-term Thinking
(SALT) organized by The Long Now Foundation. Related links:
Schedule <http://longnow.org/seminars/> of future SALT talks
Free downloads <http://longnow.org/seminars/> of past talks
talks (and my summaries of the talks)
Podcast <http://longnow.org/seminars/podcast/> of the talks
Schedule <http://theinterval.org/events/> of Interval events
Long Now Blog <http://blog.longnow.org/>
Contact <http://longnow.org/contact/> Long Now
Long Now Twitter <https://twitter.com/longnow>
Long Now Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/longnow>
Long Now membership <https://longnow.org/membership/> ($8/month to $10K
lifetime)

You are welcome to forward this notice to anyone you think might be interested.

 --Stewart Brand s...@longnow.org