At 7:17 pm +0100 9/8/98, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>In a message dated 09/08/98  09:36:28, you write:
>
>> > Sam drive prices are the same as the PC Dave, cos they are PC drives now.
>>
>>  Yeah, but you still need the 30 quid or whatever interface to connect
>>  it.
>>
>>  If they'd have put one controller on board and write the dos properly
>>  to run both drives from it in the first place, people could have just
>>  bought PC drives in the first place and saved a hell of a lot of money.
>>

>I must admit I can't find it as the files are not on my hard drive anymore,
>but I seem to remember that the subject of using a single controller was
>raised some time back. And the feeling then was against it.
>
>Did I read the archive wrong?

Changing new Sams (at this stage) to use a single controller would be bad
because existing software might break, if it expected the second controller
to be present.

But if the Sam had been designed that way from the beginning, it could be
an entirely different story.

Andrew

--
| Andrew Collier | email [EMAIL PROTECTED]       | Talk sense     |