>On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 12:32:13AM +0100, Andrew Collier wrote:
>> Until last Wednesday, ban.joh.cam.ac.uk had actually been up for 202 days
>> solid. It unexpectedly went down sometime on Friday, and until the sysadmin
>> can contact the computer manager, it's probably stuck unfortunately...
>
>I don't know quite how to interpret "until last Wednesday"

Then upgrade your parser, why don't you? It had been up solidly for the 202
days previous to last Wednesday. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

ban.joh booted on December 9th, 1998 running linux kernel 2.0.36

It went down because the computer manager at John's wanted to move from one
office to another. It came back up afterwards, and was rebooted shortly
afterwards to upgrade kernel (now 2.0.37)

And then, sometime of Friday, it went down again. We don't know why.
Possibly the computer manager decided to rearrange his office, and forgot
to plug ban back in. We'll try and find out more tomorrow....

Andrew

--
 --  Andrew Collier  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  --        My other
  --      http://mnemotech.ucam.org      --       .sig is a