----- Original Message -----
> Some years ago I bought Sam C from Fred publishing.
>
> I remember that subsequent issues of Fred, published pokes to correct some
> bugs in the program.
>
> I've lost these pokes...   ( including the issues of Fred )

I don't recall any such pokes or patches on FRED, however at one point I
seem to recall Colin offering people a free upgrade to the fixed version if
you sent your disk off or something.

Who would do this these days I've no idea.  (I seem to recall the new
version wasn't perfect, and at one point I had a program which only
sucessfully compiled with the "buggy" version of the compiler.  It was
probably an anti-bug in my code!)

Tim