On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:24:49 +0100 Sat,  4 Sep 99 01:28:04 BST, you wrote:

>Having "borrowed" my gf's scanner, I feel like OCR'ing a lot of the articles
>that I've got in my scrapbook (the real one, not the web one).
>
>Anyone know who the best people to approach would be with regards getting
>permission to use a lot of it.  It's presumably possible for YS stuff, but
>what about Crash/SU/NCE ?

First of all, contact the final publishers, as chances are they hold most of
the copyrights. If they show no interest (and _don't_ say "no"), they try and
track down the original writers as copyright is quite possibly owned by them
anyway. A lot of YS writers only gave Dennis/Future Publishing "first serial
rights", which means that Dennis/Future can print the article once, but not
again, and the copyright is owned by the original writer.

As a general rule, the original writers will be fine with it, so long as
you've bothered to try and find them to ask them. I've found about 25 ex-YS
writers, and only two declined (Jonathan Nash being one of them, so remember
that as he covered a lot of SAM stuff).

Of course, all scanned YS articles will be gratefully accepted on my site :)

Nick, only speaking from his YS experiences.

----      Nick Humphries - [EMAIL PROTECTED]      ----
------      The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years      ------
-------  http://www.the-den.clara.net/ys/cover.htm  -------