Don't forget that if you're considering doing a 28MHz CPU for the SAM, you
may want to consult with me and /or Martin Rookyard regarding the fiddly
details you'll have to worry about :)

We had a prototype that ran at 12MHz with an overclocked Z80... and
discovered that you'd need to have some glue (probably a finite state
machine) in the middle that marshals memory and IO transactions over to the
internal memory. Or possibly not; the Z380 (which is what I presume you're
thinking of using) has different wait-state logic, and can hang on a
half-clock if you need it to, so it might not be an issue.

Simple solution: Try it and see ;)

Simon