Is the author of SAMDSK.EXE on the mailing list? I only ask 'cos the
little program saved my life (well, not quite) the other day.

I had a 2-drive Sam for ages - one 1Mb, one 2Mb - and the two drives
were never completely compatible. When I got my ATOM and hard disk (are
these still available? Edwin? David L?), I removed the 2Mb drive and
consigned it to my 'spares' shelf.

Recently I found that my only SamDOS disk (the one with demos and Flash
on it) was written in my 2Mb drive, and so wouldn't work in the 1Mb
drive. No problem, though. SAMDSK made an image of the disk, then wrote
it back to a new disk. This new disk works perfectly in my 1Mb drive,
thus enabling me to experience the sheer joy (irony) of Flash once
again.

SAMDSK: I love it, and I thank the author.

Gord.

Ps. Why does it report an error every time it writes a disk, even when
the disk works perfectly? Is it just my machine being oversensitive?
--
< The HEXdidn't... Homepage: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
< ------ Featuring The U.K. Policenauts Homepage ------ >