I once used the SCART socket for sound output, since at the time my soldering of
DIN plugs was shite and the solder never held very long. Problem solved when I
wired up a SCART plug with both monitor outs and sound going to a battery (later
mains) powered amp, and thence to stereo speakers.

Yes, it was non-standard. I don't know why. Then again, I don't know why most
things Speccy/SAM were non-standard (like 3inch discs on the +3..! soon sorted
that out with a 3.5incher! joystick port... printer not outputting colour codes
properly... etc).

Will

William Easson BVMS MRCVS, Veterinary Surgeon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.exoticsvet.com
Currently at DeVille and Woolliscroft, Sherwood, Nottingham, UK.
Moving to Ashfield House Vet Hospital, Long Eaton, Nottingham, UK.
Member of ARAV, AAV, BVZS, BVA, BSAVA.
Fax UK: 0870 088 3870  USA: (603) 687 2978