Can we add a "fileinfo.txt" file to every folder? I want to write a quite
utility which will go through the site, and grab this info from each one,
building an index on my web pages...

The format would be something like this:

--------8<----------8<---------8<--------
FLDR - currentfoldernamegoeshere
OWNER - owner name followed by email in brackets
FLDRINFO
<BODY>
info goes here ... html must be embeddable (ie. you should be able to remove
the BODY tags and just paste it into a page
</BODY>
FILES
\subfolder
one line description
filename
one line description

This way, we'd be able to have an online directory of sorts, that I could
run a bot on every now and then to update it. Only problem is getting people
to put together the initial index... but if anyone's up to the job, we could
parcel out tasks for it...

Let me know what you think, folks,
Simon