Si Owen wrote:are there any updated documents for B-DOS 1.6?

About B-DOS versions: all versions up to 1.5a were made by Edwin Blink and has
support for floppy drive & master/slave harddisk. And all in 16k!

B-DOS version 1.6 and higher contain the same floppy drive & master/slave harddisk functions as B-DOS 1.5a, but have additional support for Audio-CD's and
(mixed mode) CD-ROM's programmed by me. And still everything in 16k!
Few examples: READ RECORD nr. (play Audio track), PAUSE ON/OFF etc.

A few days ago, I downloaded the complete ATAPI specification. That's 224 pages!
So, now I'm working on version 1.6d...

Documentation for versions up to 1.4e is available from Edwin Blink's website:

My ATOM.dsk file is available from Andrew Collier's website:
Once unzipped and converted to a SAM disk using Samdisk, you can read the
new info about B-DOS 1.5a and B-DOS 1.6c. (if you have SAM...)

I'll try to make a B-DOS 1.6d doc file as soon as possible and send it to Andrew
Collier, ready for downloading.

Future B-DOS versions could contain:
support for ZIP drive (can be done...)
support for CD-Recordable/Rewritable (a bit more difficult..)
support for DVD (is this a joke?)

May the force (dark side?) be with SAM owners.

Martijn Groen