> make that 3:1 against. I beleive C++ to be over-bloated with stuff not
> everyone needs. I've never used the likes of Templates or freindly
functions
> in my life. In fact, I don't think I have even used operational
overloading,
> yet. I prefer to use C in a tidy, encapsulated way...

You probably missed the lessons I have at university.
I spent several semesters with object oriented **anything** ;-)))

If you haven't read any really good books describing how and why to use
templates,
you can't know them. Obviously.

Friend declarations are really weird, but several programmers do think they
are worthy.
I think we shouldn't try to discuss this here, and go into details.

Templates, classes, inheritance or at least usage of virtual methods is very
strong tool
for programmers.

Of course, you can do anything like this better or less in C or asm, but if
you are familiar with the theory of OOP,
you have no reason to not use C++.

Simply said,
C++ is a high level language, with 95% C-compatibility, which gives it a
fast-execution.
So it's very good for several kinds of applications.
So if you are familiar with low-level programming in C, you can't understand
why I call for C++.

I think we shouldn't try to discuss the details, as I said, since you have
very different point of view.
You probably don't think (as I do) that hi-level programming is generally
better than low-level programming,
which gives you faster code. But nowadays computers are fast enough to run
on C++.

C++ is not for Sam.
At least since C++ compilers are MUCH MUCH slower than their C brothers.

---
Aley