Nev Young wrote:
> Where is the previous OCR version - it could be a better
> starting point than mine for the pages I haven't yet done.

I can't remember where I got it from (or the 5MB scanned PDF of the SAM
User Guide), but I can e-mail it to you if you want it (162K zipped).
I've also just tried checking NVG for it but it seems to be down at the
moment (Frode?).

> That would be great.  Hopefully it will still be possible to
> do searches once it's in PDF form.

Yeah, as long as it's generated from a text source it'll be searchable,
and select/copy will work in the Text mode in Acrobat.

> Do you think I should even try and do the small print bits
> for the sound and disk controller chips?

I've always wondered if the original documents were available online
somewhere, but I've not managed to find them.  The text on my floppy
controller document is quite difficult to read, so an updated version of
that would certainly be very handy - of course, it's easy for me to say
that when someone else is doing it!.

btw, the old OCR'd tech manual doesn't include the sound and disk
controller documents, if that's the main reason you're after it.