And remember, not every one is doing stuff for Sam for a financial gain.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Colin Piggot
Sent: 03 January 2003 16:50
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: Hi ho

> Ta'. I think my actual SAM is in Stratford Upon Avon at the moment
> (I'm in Manchester) and I'm not even sure if it works any more. Certainly
> the disc drive made odd whining sounds last time I tried using it...

Well disk drives can be easily replaced....

> I'm surprised that Colin's working on a FPS game for the SAM, though,
> as I'd have thought it was impossible to recoup the costs on it?

Oh don't sound so pessemistic :)

There is still life in the Sam world! In fact, over the last 2 years I've
been
busier and busier things have really been on the up. Judging by all the
correspondance i receive more and more people are coming back to the Sam
scene ,
and there is certainly still demand for software and hardware - if there
wasn't
I could hardly see myself working on more and more new stuff - especially a
magazine and new hardware (of which there are one or two new bits of
hardware to
be released later this month......!)

Although, on the otherhand,  I was described as being quite insane in an
email
to the list a few days ago - to quote: "The man's quite clearly insane! I
think
his SAM in a can project is really fantastic and is clearly the work of a
madman. It's well worth getting this issue to read the article"

Colin
====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam
Website: http://www.quazar.clara.net/sam/
Issue Three of "Sam Revival" Magazine Out Now !