Possibily you read about this in the SPC magazine 177/178 page 26. But also we have talked about in Norwich.

There are two ways to transfer SAM harddisk records (floppy disk = Record 0!) to a PC as DSK-files. What you need:

1) Edwin Blinks B-Link cable (very rare) or a SAM Comms-IF (much more around)
2) A PC with Hyperterminal program (standard)
3) A program for the SAM to start transfers. This was also done by Edwin Blink, so if you are interested, ask him. Copies can be made as single records as well as "pakets".

The advantage: You can create a whole copy from your SAM harddisk to a PC, getting directly SAM dsk-files. So you have a proper backup in case of a SAM harddisk crash. Maybe Edwin will work on the other way round PC -> SAM back. But I don´t know. However: You can burn a CD with the whole stuff and use the B-DOS commands to bring them back to SAM in the usual way. If you can use a harddisk with your SAM you also can have a CD ROM with it. The command is:

COPY* "xxxxx.dsk" to DEVICE (number) RECORD (number) LABEL

Cheers, Wolfgang

david wrote:

 Acftually while I think about it - I read something

somewhere about a SAM to PC interface...

does anyone know anything about this?

regards

david