Dan Dooré wrote:
> I am still getting SimICE errors when trying to unpack some
> of these archives.

There's an automatic breakpoint that triggers when a HALT is encountered
with interrupts disabled.  That really should be optional so I've taken it
out for now! :-)

> This is probably one for Si to look at really but as an
> example the PAK file in this DSK -
> http://www.landofpod.co.uk/swiss.zip - comes up with this error.

That does indeed hit a HALT with interrupts disabled.  At the point it
enters the debugger the raster hasn't advanced far enough reveal a message
printed to the bottom of the screen.  If you press Esc to quit the debugger
you'll see "BAD CHECKSUM", after which the unpacker halts.  I guess the file
really is bad...?