Z80 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having ( for two months now ) a problem regarding SamC rom
> routines. I have some programs which work perfectly on Spectrum and
> I'd like to port them to SamC. The problem is ( ta daaaa ) while for
> Spectrum I have some ROM routines to convert a string to a FpCalc
> format, you know.. the Rst28h thingie ;) ,  ( 5 bytes that is ) for
> SamC I haven't found this routine ( something like basic Val$ I'm
> interested ). I can push some constants ( like 0, pi, 16384 ) but a
> number like 183.28819 .. I really don't know how. If anybody worked
> with it some info or sample asm code would be a dream. Sorry for my
> bad English, and thanks.
>
> Zecut0r.

Your english is fine!

A quick web search for the tech manual gives:

http://sam.speccy.cz/os_tech/sam_coupe_tech-man_v3-0.pdf

Page 35 (page 40 of the pdf) looks like it might be helpful:

JEXPT1NUM (0118H)
Syntax check/evaluate a numeric expression. During syntax checking an
invisible 5-byte form of any literal numbers is inserted. During run time
the result of the expression is left on the floating point calculator stack.

JEXPTSTR (0116H)
Syntax check/evaluate a string expression. See JEXPT1NUM.

JEXPTEXPR (0llEH)
Syntax check/evaluate an expression. See JEXPT1NUM.
These three routines can be useful in extending the Basic interpreter.

HTH

Geoff