From: Aley Keprt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A few days ago, I asked here if somebody could possibly send me his Sam
Copue tapes in TZX format to let me test them in emulator. Up to now, nobody
sent me anything :-((((((((

Did Ya ? Then I missed your post.
I've got goldmine from SU covertapes 109 and SU 99 cover tape with a sam
demo on them
I'll mail them offlist.

Yesterday, I played around with TZX files, and it seems pretty well. You can
use Ramsoft's "MakeTZX" utility (downoad from www.WorldOfSpectrum.org). It
is assured to fully support Sam tapes. I tested it and it works 100
correctly with my 15 years old cheap Sony HF-90 tapes! :-) It's simple, but
very good.

Do they work good with standard speed or turbo also ?

I will definitely add TZX support to emulator (ASCD for sure, maybe also
SimCoupe if Simon Owen will let me to do so :-), because it supports blocks
> 65535 bytes, and that is the major problem of TAP usage on Sam Coupe.

So there wasn't a fancy solution for handling >65535 TAPs ?

So, please send me some tape images. At last! I have only some test files I
personally save on my real Sam Coupe. They works, but it's not enough for
real testing. Thanks.

Mailed them of list,

Edwin