To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:37 PM
Subject: RE: Fuxoft [Re: Still no tapes received]

Aley Keprt wrote:
Exactly.

I looked at it, and there is
- changed name of the proggie
- no author name
- no country info
- no description of tunes

Originally the proggie contains a detailed description of all
26 tunes. I think it is one of the best AY music demos ever
written (all 26 tunes were written by Franisek Fuka himself),
and the vast majority of people that saw it don't know it is
from Fuxoft (and they will never know...).

Except for the ones written by Rob Hubbard, Ben Daglish, Martin Galway, and
Jean Michel Jarre, sure.

(A) is a Rob Hubbard tune (Monty on the Run?). (C) is a Jean Michel Jarre
one (which Ocean also reused as a C64 tune at one point). Most of these
tunes are ported SID tunes from the C64 - and I mean, seriously, all credit
to Frantisek for being able to port them, but he didn't write them.

I mean shit, (F) is Crazy Comets by Rob Hubbard (or one that he did later
that I can't remember the name of based on the same basic lines), (J) is
another Hubbard tune. (L) is Ghostbusters by Adam Bellin (and Ray Parker
Jr.), M is Axel F (not sure which game), N is from the Neverending Story or Starwars or something, O is another Jean Michel Jarre one (Equinoxe?), T is
a Genesis tune (Land of Confusion), U is another Jean Michel Jarre tune, V
is from a James Bond game, X is another C64 game tune, Y is from an Indiana
Jones game, and Z is yet ANOTHER Jean Michel Jarre tune.

Since SU 111 is dated may 1991, I see no reason why they
didn't contacted the author. It was 18 months after eastern
block collapsed, so there were no political problems when
trying to contact anybody anywhere in the east.

It looks like it was rewritten by the guy who did their game cheats, so
they'd trust what he said.