Ian Spencer wrote:
> it does fix the problem with the Atom path

Phew :-)

> but I now notice that if you turn off 'Use RGB/YUV Overlay'
> then this is forgoten when you exit the program.
> I run most of the time with the frame sync off [snip] and
> this is also automatically turned back on everytime you
> restart simcoupe

I can't reproduce either of these here - can anyone else?  I can only think
that you try deleting your SimCoupe.cfg file when SimCoupe is not running,
then trying it again.  If the SimCoupe.cfg file is read-only it won't
complain it can't be written out, so you can run it from read-only media.
Though in that case none of the other options would be saved either.

The Atom path problem was it failing to read the current path from an
internal disk object, so it was setting an empty string when updating the
option value.  For most other option cases it's much simpler, and if the
option is active (i.e. you can see the frame sync _is_ disabled) that will
be what is written out to the file.

If none of the above helps, mail me off the list and I'll create you a
version with some diagnostics.