I forward you a translation of message from "velesoft" (original message is written in Czech, se below):

- I checked out your Sam Coupe emulator. I tested mouse emulation and I obtained these results: All versions of the emulator(s) too early reset mouse. I borrowed the original mouse interface from Kapsa club. For example, the game Legend of Eshan, which relies on the longer delay before mouse reset, doesn't work. In this game, when it is reading the last byte of X coordinate, the emulator is actually returning the state of the keyboard, because the mouse was reset too early. When using the original Sam mouse interface, this game works correctly. The time of mouse port activity must be longer at least twice (in the emulator).

Since I don't understand the mouse at all, I replied this:

- Please send me that game, and I will give it to somebody who can try to fix the emulation. I personally think that the problem might be in the Sam mouse interface from Kapsa, which is probably not identical to the original interface. But it must be checked out...

And that person sent me that game, and replied:

- The program is correct, it only has a longer delay in mouse port reading routines and before it reads all the numbers, the emulator is returning the keyboard status again. In this game you need to hold shift key down in order to let the mouse work [in Sim Coupe - all versions]. The mouse interface is original from Samco/Samtek. You can find the schema on my www pages, it's 100% identical to the original one. (On the other hand, the schema listed in Sam tech.manual is wrong - the pin out is incorrect and C1 is missing in there.) There is no other mouse interface for Sam, just the original one. Mr. Richard Haramule tried to make a simplier solution, but he didn't finished it successfully. My new "sam mouse turbo" has 100% identical timing to the original interface. I wrote a test program in assembler and it showed that emulator resets the mouse ports too early.

The mentioned www page is:  www.velesoft.wz.cz

I just wonder why this person calles all his work "turbo something" - it sounds to me like something really stupid, like "magnificent abc..." LOL

So, hardware gurus we are awaiting your comments... :-)

/---
Aley

Mgr.(MSc.) Aleš Keprt (also known as Aley)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] *** www.keprt.cz *** ICQ: 82357182
Dept. of Computer Science, Palacký University,
Olomouc, CZ - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.inf.upol.cz

----- Original Message ----- From: "VELESOFT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>