From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Laundon
Sent: 22 May 2008 20:56
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: Interlaced video

2008/5/22 Colin Piggot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Now the question is, depending how the TV is interlacing the frames, and
how
> many frames there's been since the SAM was powered up - when the
'Interlaced
> Pictures' from FRED are loaded the frames might show with the intended
> 'interlacing', or be reversed - if 'A' is the frame with the top row, 'B'
is
> the frame with the row to be shown below, your telly could interlace
> correctly so the TV displays with the lines ordered ABABAB, or could be
out
> of order and display BABABA....  (hope that makes sense!)

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  I guess it's going to be pretty
random.  I'll type that ROLL test in again and keep running it and see
if the orientation changes.  Kind of makes any applications difficult
without a calibration option!

I seem to remember there was a cover tape on one of the magazines that
had a "new display mode" that swapped between two screens at 50Hz or
something.  Can't remember if it was "interlacing" or some method of
increasing colours.  My memory is vague...

> > Makes me want to dig out those Fred issues with "interlaced" images on
> them
> > to see how they look.  If only my drive worked...  (Colin, do you still
> have
> > spare belts? :-)
>
> Should do, I'll drop you an email in a bit once i've checked :)

Thanks.  Must get him up and running again :-)

Dave.

Checked by AVG.
15:36

Checked by AVG.