Hey guys.

I was wondering. does anyone have a fully-detailed breakdown of instruction
timings for the SAM? Including at various points in the screen?

I'm tempted to write a code-generator to render bitmaps in more than the 16
colors available, using a genetic algorithm (or even a monte carlo sim) to
get as close as possible. The idea is that it'd generate code to change the
palette as the screen renders, and adjust the bitmap to get the closest it
could to the original source. Kind of a little like hold-and-modify mode on
the Amiga, but done the hard way.

This is, of course, just a curiosity at this point. but I'd be interested in
seeing if anyone had any ideas.