My view is that back in '95 or so, when the emulators first kicked off, not
emulating currently-available hardware made sense; however I think that
these days anyone who wants to use the real machine will continue to do so
whether on not their favourite bit of hardware is emulated.

I will not be going back to slow loading times, corrupted disks and endless
5-minute modify-assemble-run-crash-reboot cycles. Those (like me) who just
want to have a quick play with stuff they used to enjoy will probably only
ever use emulators - I don't really see that the two markets overlap.

But hey, I have little enough time to play with my "real world" stuff, let
alone the nostalgic kind. I'm probably not part of either group any more :(

Geoff