Hi Sam Coupe fans,

I just uploaded the new version of my Sam Coupe emulator ASCD to my website.
It’s 10 years since last public release. :-D

It is “work in progress” release. It emulates ZX Spectrum 48, 128, and Sam
Coupé. There are two or three reasons why I resurrected this old project:

1. It was originally meant to be “Aley’s SimCoupe for DOS” aka ASCD. But MS-DOS
is dead, so I converted whole project to Windows. I did this Windows port back
in 2003 and we used it as a ZXS emulator in game tournaments. But there were
strange bugs in Sam emulation I wasn’t able to find, so I never released that
version 0.97 to public. Now I finally found that strange main 9 old bug. :-)

2. I plan to add support for Sam Coupe snapshots, QuickSave/QuickLoad together
with action replay recording. The today’s version already contains support for
QuickLoad/QuickSave, so you can play the games more easily. ;-) But all saved
”quick” snapshots are discarded when you restart the emulator. I need first to
discuss the snapshot file format with Simon Owen to make it usable in SimCoupe
too, then I will publish the final version.

3. Finally, I want to add support for video recording with QuickSave/QuickLoad.
I hope some game players will record game progress of some games to a video
file. Of course it is a bit unfair to use QuickSave/QuickLoad when making video
recording, but it can help us to compose a really “best” plays. I look forward
to it. :-)

If you are interested, download the emulator from my Downloads page:
http://www.keprt.cz/progs/
Please let me know whether it works correctly on your computer or not.
Required configuration is simple: Windows 2000 or later, DirectX 6 or Direct3D 9

-------------------

I also recommend you to try this:
http://www.keprt.cz/zx_girlsaloud_something_kinda_ooh.tap.gz
It is a video file in TAP (ZX Spectrum tape file) made by Roger Jowett.
Warning: It is 33 MB long, 11 MB compressed.
You can load it in ZX Spectrum mode (use menu to insert the tape, then switch
to ZXS 128 and press Enter). I wonder how many real tape casettes would it take
to save those 33 MB of data. :-D
ASCD emulator supports TAP tapes in Sam Coupe mode too. Maybe somebody will
create similar crazy videos for Sam Coupe. The size of tapes is virtually
unlimited, so it is possible to create almost anything when you use
infinite-load speed of the emulator.

Best regards,
Aley Keprt