Great - thank you! Totally forgot I bought another Scart from Quazor but
haven't tried it yet. My soldering skills make trying to wire up a din plug
pretty difficult (understatement!). That and expecting a baby at Christmas
has put the project on the backburner!

Thanks again. Will post if I ever get it working!

On 26 Nov 2017 10:56, "Frode Tennebø" <fr...@tennebo.com> wrote:

Hi.

On 26 November 2017 at 11:32, Simon Lovely <s.lov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I joined recently after digging out my old Sam. Power supply wasn't
working,
> but managed to temporarily rig it up to a pc power supply and it worked,
but
> I couldn't get a picture (I typed "zap" and heard that through the TV).
Not
> sure if it needs the modulator in the sam supply even though I was using
> Scart? Any info appreciated!

Welcome Simon.

There are probably others who can give you concrete repair advice.
However, I just want to check with you that you are aware that the SAM
has a non-standard SCART connector?  See:
http://www.worldofsam.org/node/350.  I believe the symptoms you
describe can result in this when you are lucky.  It does not need the
RF part in the power supply for SCART.  I'm sure others will chime in
with better advice as they wake up. :-)

 -Frode