David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering wrote:

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 07:38:31AM -0800, Jeff Mandel wrote:

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

jra wrote:>
This is a much more interesting backtrace than the
other. Why is smbd linking in pthread libraries ?
smbd is *NOT* a threaded program.

The library lsit on my Solaris 8 workstation is
much shorter:

$ pvs smbd
libsocket.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
libnsl.so.1 (SUNW_0.7, SUNWprivate_1.1);
libdl.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1);

No pthread at all!

--dave

pvs shows short here too:
root@reiger# pvs /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd
libsec.so.1 (SUNW_0.9);
libsocket.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
libnsl.so.1 (SUNW_0.7, SUNWprivate_1.1);
libdl.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1);

libpthread showed up with gdb. Do you find that when you load gdb against samba?

Since I did not compile this samba with ldap support, I'm guessing all the ldap sdk stuff is showing up as a result of using nss_ldap. (padl's) Could lipbthread be there because of nss_ldap as well?