Samba-folk:

I've run into a problem that I'd like to throw open for a general
solution.

The problem is joining an Active Directory, say AD1.COMPANY.COM, but
specifying a different authentication realm for the username/password,
say AD2.COMPANY.COM.  For instance, this currently fails:

 net ads join AD1 -U username%password

No matter what is specified on the command line or smb.conf (that I've
found), it always tries to authenticate using
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

How should we allow an alternate authentication domain be specified?
Maybe:

 net ads join AD1 -U [EMAIL PROTECTED]

or

 net ads join AD1 -A AD2.COMPANY.COM -U username%password

Or have I missed something fundamental?

Ken

Ken Cross

Network Storage Solutions