Hank Vander Waal wrote:
I am trying to startup samba ver 2.2 on an open vms system.
I have the samba process running on VMS side but I can not see the samba box
when I brose the network from my win2k system.   What basics am I missing ?

There should be file named Diagnosis.txt or equivalent that describes how to use NSLOOKUP and SMBCLIENT to troubleshoot your Samba Server.

That said, the symptom looks a lot like not having a SAMBA_GUEST account that can read and write to it's login directory and to SAMBA_ROOT:[VAR].

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ETIQUETTE MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING: