> Each winNT user has a drive mapped to their home directory.  Therefore, Fred
> has H:\ mapped to the linux /home/fred/samba share, and Russel has H:\ mapped
> to the linux /home/russel/samba share (remember is is all on the same box).
> However, when Fred logs off, and Russel logs on, Russel is able to browse
> through the network neighborhood and see Freds share.
>
> It seems as though once Fred has logged in, his share is still browsable even
> after he has logged off from the winNT box and another user has logged in (to
> the same box).
>
> How do I prevent this?
        In your smb.conf under the [homes] def add
                valid users = %S
        This should make sure that only the user can see there home share.

        I also add
                browseable = No
        Because I map h: to home with the login script.  This way they can't see one
another shares, so they will not get errors.

        Hope this helps.

Mailed
Lee