Message: 8
From: "Norman Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:44:51 -0700
Subject: [Samba] winbind /etc/pam.d/system-auth

Hi,

I have setup /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below. But when I login to the Linux
Box from KDE3, I get a prompt saying I don't have write access to the HOME.
pam_mkhomedir doesn't make deep directories, so you need to make the parent directory of your user's homes. So if you use 'template homedir = /home/%D/%u', then you need to make /home/%D where %D is each domain you are supporting.

Then got kicked out. In NT Domain, when I double click on the Samba machine,
I get network path not found. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

If you still get this with samba when connecting to it, and the home directory didn't exist before, you need to add the option 'obey pam restrictions = yes' to the global section of your smb.conf.

Regards,
Buchan

Buchan Milne Mechanical Engineer, Network Manager
Cellphone * Work +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x121
Stellenbosch Automotive Engineering http://www.cae.co.za
GPG Key http://ranger.dnsalias.com/bgmilne.asc