I did not have the printer admin = @users (users is the group all my users are in) line in my smb.conf. I can now see the jobs that are queued but non of my commands work here except the print and maybe the lpq command. Also anyone know how to say pause and resume to lpd?

Here is my configuration:

[global]
print admin = @users

# shares

[HP_LaserJet_4000]
comment = Main Printer
path = /var/spool/lpd/HP_LaserJet_4000
guest ok = yes
public = yes
printer = HP_LaserJet_4000
;printing = bsd
printable = yes
browsable = yes
print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p %s && rm %s
lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

[HP_LaserJet_6P]
comment = Front Desk Printer
path = /var/spool/lpd/HP_LaserJet_6P
guest ok = yes
public = yes
printer = HP_LaserJet_6P
;printing = bsd
printable = yes
browsable = yes
print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p %s && rm %s
lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Nick wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to manage print queue's via windows clients. I get Access denied, unable to connect. I use the lp daemon to print via JetDirect. I am beginning to think it is not possible. If someone out there is doing this could you please share your configurations with us so it can be added to the samba How-to documentation.

Respectfully,

Nick