Hmm, so the thing would be to convert my NFS server to use samba? and setup an smbfs on the PDC?

On Jun 9, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Daniel Bourque wrote:

I've had hit and miss problems with locks on sharing NFS mounted SMB shares. Works good with some NFS servers, not well wither others.

I was told in this list that it's not a supported samba config, so I gave up trying to reliably use them.

Dan

Terry Haley wrote:
What have people found with oplocks in the realm of really saving time? Is it something that's always good to have in an environment where two files being accessed simultaneously is rare? My shared volume is an NFS on a remote server. Just curious what folks have experienced.

Terry

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly
dispose of the e-mail.

Terry Haley, Ph.D.
Systems Admin, Microarray Core
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute