Quoting Norberto Bensa <nbe...@gmail.com>:

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 7:20 PM, David
Christensen<david.christen...@viveli.com> wrote:

Does anyone know what this error means:

[r...@ldap2 samba]# net getlocalsid
[2009/07/07 17:04:00, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smb_ldap_start_tls(600)
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Protocol error

I completely missed this message to the list. It may still be on its way to me. Not in my inbox, nor deleted mail. Oh well, we all have bigger things to worry about.

I have to respond, since this TLS stuff gave me fits for a bit. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did to make it go away, but I think it was adding "ssl off" to the ldap.conf