Hi,

i tried Samba 3.4.0 but with same result:(

I created a new bug #6549 where i put also my log file with debug level 10

Lukas

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Jeremy Allison wrote:

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 03:47:31PM +0200, dese...@linuxbox.cz wrote:

i have problem with share with parametr "force user"

Here i my settings of VFS modul recycle

vfs object = recycle
                recycle:repository = .recycle/%u
                recycle:maxsize = 50000000
                recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$*
                recycle:exclude_dir = sdileni/*/profile* tmp temp cache
                recycle:versions = yes
                recycle:touch = yes
                recycle:keeptree = yes

and this is my share

[my_share]
        path = /home/sdileni/instalace
        comment = software, instalace
        force group = smbgroup
        force user = smbuser
        public = yes

If i delete some file from this share, then samba make
directory .recycle/smbuser. But in older version (for example Samba 3.3.0)
samba maked directory .recycle/real_user - and this i need! It's possible?
I must have something new in configuration or is this new behavior of
samba?

I think this is a side effect of the change that went
into 3.4.0pre1. From the changelog :

Changes since 3.4.0pre1
-----------------------

o   Jeremy Allison
   * BUG 6291: Fix 'force user'.

The recycle code uses a substitution of conn->server_info->unix_name
for the "%u" parameter, and this is not (correctly) set to the
forced username on connect (which is required for "force user"
to work correctly.

The real user name is lost after authentication, which is what
you've asked for. The previous (3.3.0) behavior was probably a
side effect of force user not being correct in that release.

I think in the latest Samba 3.3.6 it would behave the same.

Jeremy.