Paras pradhan wrote:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM,  <mor...@tuxedo.darktech.org> wrote:
Most mainstream Linux distros are compiling in LDAP support these days, no
problem.  Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and SuSE are all compiling in LDAP in their
standard packages, AFAIK.  I'm not sure what BSDs are doing these days, but
I'd bet they're the same way.

I am under solaris 9 (ancient) platform. Now my compilation seems to
be OK, now need to find ways to connect this to the sun ldap server.
Any info on this will be a great help

Thanks
Paras.
in CentOS/Fedora you use nss_ldap, i'm not sure what solaris uses, maybe you can compile nss_ldap from source and setup /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf