Leandro Tracchia wrote:
>I've been running a samba 3.0.28a PDC with XP clients for a while now.
>The setup has been working flawlessly. I'm considering upgrading some
>of the clients to Vista. Are there any known issues to Vista using
>this version of Samba that I should know about. I all need to do is
>join the Samba domain and connect to a few network shares.

I think most people are skipping Vista and upgrading directly to Windows
7 these days - and for Windows 7 you would definitely need to upgrade
Samba (see http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7).  I'm not actually
sure about Vista on 3.0.28a, but it does seem to work on 3.0.30 and up.
We just use tdbsam authentication to access a few network shares, and so
far have had no difficulty upgrading from the 3.0 to the 3.3 series.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"