Hi Bill,

I am using clustered samba printing for a couple of years and it works fine, this is my setup:

3 sun server with sun cluster, let's call them samba1 samba2 and samba3 are individually joined to the windows domain using the hostnames samba1/2/3.

Through the sun cluster they use together a shared address called 'printserver' with the 'bind interface only' option set to the shared hostname I have a loadbalanced samba setup for printing.

To make sure all server use the same config I have 'ntforms.tdb', 'printers.tdb' and 'ntdrivers.tdb' on a shared global storage, linked via symlink into the three local samba/var/locks dirs. The 'samba printcap' is shared globally as well as the 'drivers' dir of cause.

One thing about this construction is that samba1/2/3 still and always publish the printers over ther local ip adress though they will not accept a connection over these adresses. You need a firewall to get rid of this or unconfigure those printer in the AD.

For some reason I have a cron restart running every morning, this is nice to get rid of old processes and connections and to have a fresh start from the ground for all three nodes...

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to write me e-mail if you have further questions, well and maybe I got it all wrong and there is a much more clever idea about clustered printing, love to hear something about it then ;)

cheers
  christoph